Thursday, November 6, 2008

Easy 80's

Apparently, the Italians (at least those around here) like American 80's music. I suppose there are some stations that don't play the stuff daily, but more often than not, if the song playing on the radio station (whichever one I happen to be on--I only listen in the car) is in English, it's from the 80s. Hubby claims to hear George Michael daily (he's in the car more often than me).

A few months ago, I spent four hours in a salon having my hair done, and every song on the station was an 80's song--but the station was calling it "easy listening." When I commented on it, my hairdresser said this station did this every day--80's until about 3 pm, and then harder (and more Italian) rock music.

Now that I think about it, I can't recall hearing a song in English that wasn't 80's on an Italian radio station. I did hear a tween girl singing a new Madonna song in the mall a while ago, so I guess they hear it somewhere.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home