Sunday, October 5, 2008

Benvenuti

I will try this blogging thing again. I actually had one for about a week when I first moved to Georgia, but felt weird about it. I still have the weird feeling, like I am exposing myself and my family to the world, but I think only people who care about me will be reading this, so ok.

My house is a bit of a disaster right now. We finally received our stuff last week, and although I know I've made a serious dent into the boxes, one could not necessarily guess that by looking at the piles of clothes, books, etc.

T has started going to the asilo, the Italian preschool. He went last week, and I was very nervous for him, not knowing the language, having a bigger class of kids than he had in the States, being used to staying home with mom for a month and a half. But he did so much better than I could have hoped. He was excited getting ready, and when I told him he could ride his bike to school, he was ready to go. We had a few days of leg-hugging, but they were mild, and he went with the teacher pretty willingly. Each day I picked him up, his teacher (the one who speaks some English) told me he did really well. He looks so cute in his little grembiule, a jacket shirt that the Italian kids wear over their clothes. Having him go there has also made me feel more a part of the community, just walking there with everyone else.

We'll see how I do with this. I thought this would be better than monthly newsletter type things because I inevitably forget things, and people say the details of a place should be written about right after it is visited. True, I know. But I still feel like this is a diary online, and not too exciting to read.

Ciao ciao.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home