Monday, October 20, 2008

Pomegranate

When we moved in mid-August, I didn't realize that the three little round things hanging from our small tree in the middle of the yard were pomegranates--and I love pomegranates. Of course, when I did realize it, I was all the more tickled with my home in Italy.

The largest one seemed to attract several green flying beetle-ish bugs, and sadly, they did get into it. But I picked it last night, and was still able to salvage half of the seeds. T ate most of them, but the few I tasted were yummy. I think they were not quite as sweet as the ones I have bought in the supermarket, but the seeds were larger, and therefore, juicier.

A few weeks ago, I thought only one of the pomegranates would ripen fully, but the other two are looking better, despite their smaller size. I look forward to trying them out soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home